I’m happy to announce my second collection of poetry, Moonpies & Naugahyde: A Childhood Survived, is now available!!
Fabulous watercolor paintings by Georgiann Carlson accompany my poems throughout, creating a book I am extremely proud of!
Since October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month, I can think of no better time to release it.
3 options available now on Amazon:
Note the 3 “versions” are not all linking up on Amazon correctly so I am providing the individual links below each option 🙂
1-Full Color Edition: Watercolor Illustrations presented in Full Color
This is the way this collection is meant to be experienced!
2-Black & White Edition: Watercolor Illustrations presented in Greyscale
(Producing the book in full color made it a little pricey so offering this B&W option)
3-Ebook for your Kindle, iPad, etc.
I implore you all to read this. It is sad, ridiculous, sickening and infuriating that this is the reality we live in. In America! In 2015!
Attn: MEN reading this… Yes, there are good guys out there…if you are one of them, please take this to heart. No real change can take place without your help.
Photo from public domain
* According to the U.S. Surgeon General, domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women in the United States.
* The American Medical Association estimates that their American male partners assault 2 million American women each year.
* The U.S. Department of Justice estimates that 95% of the victims of domestic violence are women.
* A WOMAN IS BEATEN EVERY 15 SECONDS IN THE UNITED STATES (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Report to the nation on Crime and Justice. The Data. Washing DC Offic of Justice Program, US Dept. of Justice, Oct 1983)
* 35% of all emergency room calls are a result of domestic violence.
* Of those who abuse their partner, well over 65% also physically and/or sexually abuse the children.
* Each day…4 women die as a result of abuse.
* Each day…3 children die as a result of abuse.
View original post 289 more words
I’m reblogging this powerful post from Gigi. It is the absolute truth, please read it.
VIOLENCE IS ALWAYS A CHOICE…VIOLENCE IS ALWAYS A CHOICE
VIOLENCE IS A CHOICE…ALWAYS
View original post