Call for submissions…all mediums welcome 🙂
How does one find peace in daily life?
Submission Deadline March 1st
Selected Entries will be posted March 15th
How does language influence peace?
Submission Deadline April 1st
Selected Entries will be posted April 15th
Feel free to send in any other Peace related art at any time for consideration to be posted throughout the month. Remember just blog as you normally would and then email a link to your post to email@example.com for consideration!
Notes to ALL of our Fabulous participating Artists4Peace artists:
1-Please reblog, facebook, tweet, messenger pigeon 🙂 this post.
We need to get the word out and get even more people sharing their art to promote love, understanding and peace throughout the world.
2-We ask that if you haven’t already please put the Artists 4 Peace logo on your blog. It will not only show others you are part of the…
View original post 27 more words
As some of you read awhile back I added a Featured Friends page next to Home, Awards & Who is Responsible for This? (my about me page) you can also jump directly there by clicking this link Fabulous Featured Friends . I have recently revised the list and encourage you to check it out! I know you will find someone whose work you will love.
Music for me is a visceral experience
I must feel it running through my veins
I must feel it tense my muscles
When I feel the music running strongly enough through my body,
only then do I feel my spirit lifted
It is only through the connection to my body
that I feel the spiritual experience of music
Found this beautiful image on several sites yet no idea who to credit.
As some of you read awhile back I added a Featured Friends section on my home page. I have added a few more people to that section and decided to also create a separate page for this as well. You can find it next to Home, Awards & Who is Responsible for This? (my about me page)
Again, please don’t be offended if you are not on this list. I will revise as I go along 🙂
My goal here is to just a highlight just a handful of people who:
-actively participate (comments etc)
-whose talent I admire
-who inspire me
I “follow” quite a few blogs but the following are ones that I have truly connected with.
They are a diverse group offering everything from poetry to photography and humor to artwork.
Please visit each of these amazing people. There is something for everyone. Enjoy!
Today (maybe yesterday by the time I finish this) is my one month anniversary and I was nominated for my very first award. I am so very honored and grateful. Thanks so much to Coach Muller http://goodtimestories.wordpress.com/ for the nomination!
Thank you to everyone for reading. I hope you continue to visit and enjoy. Also please know your comments are welcome…good or bad. Keep reading and writing for this is how we keep learning instead of growing stagnant in our lives.
Here’s how the nomination works:
* Use the logo above in the post.
* Link to whoever nominated you.
* Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
* Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively & creatively inspire others in theblogsphere.”
* Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
Oh boy 10 things about myself…well here we go in no particular order.
- I’m obsessed will all things Dr. Seuss.
- …and Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- My favorite color is Brown.
- I love to play Scrabble. If I could only get people to play!
- There is never too much coffee in my world.
- Music is imperative to my survival and I like a diverse selection. ..from Simon and Garfunkel to Anthrax to Tori Amos
- I love 80’s movies.
- Old musical’s hold a special place in my heart. (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady)
- I am a klutz. I am probably one of the most ungraceful people. I literally trip over my own feet. 🙂
- I think Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies ever…and quote it. Often.
For many different reasons I am pleased to honor the following with this award as well. I hope you will check out my nominees:
- Holly Austin Smith
- Poesy plus Polemics
- Lisa Newlin – Seriously?
- Intimate details of an untrained eye
- The ancient eavesdropper
- B.G. Bowers
- Gotta Find a Home