Does this painting reach in and pull out your heart? Perhaps you know someone who has looked like this? Perhaps it has even been you…
IF you think no one you know has been or is being beaten you are deluding yourself. Some of us just hide it well.
It is not ok, it is never ok and no one deserves to be a punching bag.
If anyone lays a hand on you in violence please know:
1- Contrary to what they may say it is not because they love you sooo much
2- You didn’t MAKE them do it
3- They will do it again
Tag Archives: Hate
This is what our culture thinks of women…our culture ALLOWS this to happen…it’s built into the system.
I implore you all to read this. It is sad, ridiculous, sickening and infuriating that this is the reality we live in. In America! In 2015!
Attn: MEN reading this… Yes, there are good guys out there…if you are one of them, please take this to heart. No real change can take place without your help.
* According to the U.S. Surgeon General, domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women in the United States.
* The American Medical Association estimates that their American male partners assault 2 million American women each year.
* The U.S. Department of Justice estimates that 95% of the victims of domestic violence are women.
* A WOMAN IS BEATEN EVERY 15 SECONDS IN THE UNITED STATES (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Report to the nation on Crime and Justice. The Data. Washing DC Offic of Justice Program, US Dept. of Justice, Oct 1983)
* 35% of all emergency room calls are a result of domestic violence.
* Of those who abuse their partner, well over 65% also physically and/or sexually abuse the children.
* Each day…4 women die as a result of abuse.
* Each day…3 children die as a result of abuse.
View original post 289 more words
I was bottle fed bigotry
Prejudices were pablum
To be swallowed without question
Did my teething on intolerance
I was fed spoonful after spoonful
of mashed bananas with racism
washed down with hypocrisy
Before I lost my baby teeth
I knew that girls were less than
I was fed a steady diet of hate
I was fed this set of beliefs as a child
My guess is You were fed some hatred too
But we are no longer being Force fed
I’ve changed my diet, have you?