Gigi said we should have a mugfest 🙂 …and i have *ahem* a few fun mugs….
Tag Archives: coffee
I needed coffee and wanted it hot
Grounds in the filter, water in the pot
Pressed the button to start the brewing
Fed the cats to stop their mewling
Bleary eyed and half asleep
I sat on the couch and waited for the beep
Finally, It was ready and so was I
I needed a cup on the fly
I didn’t notice the brown river on the floor
or on the counter and dripping off the cabinet door
i slipped and flat on my back I fell
knocked the wind out of me, bloody hell
to add insult to bruising injury
the cats are drinking the coffee instead of me!
I sit quietly
observing the people around me
I inhale deeply
let the aroma of freshly brewed coffee fill my nostrils
Too impatient to let it cool
I take a big gulp
scorching my tongue
I delight in its bitter-sweet flavor
The people at the next table
have deluded themselves into thinking they are vampires
their pale makeup and black clothes do not look out of place here
To my left
there is a man,
who appears to be homeless,
escorting a mange-ridden dog to a table
his funky odor wafts my way:
body odor, stale cigarettes, and cheap alcohol
I watch as he begins reading the newspaper he snagged from the trash can on his way in
I take a deep drag from my cigarette
and once again ponder the huge leprechaun on the wall
Today (maybe yesterday by the time I finish this) is my one month anniversary and I was nominated for my very first award. I am so very honored and grateful. Thanks so much to Coach Muller http://goodtimestories.wordpress.com/ for the nomination!
Thank you to everyone for reading. I hope you continue to visit and enjoy. Also please know your comments are welcome…good or bad. Keep reading and writing for this is how we keep learning instead of growing stagnant in our lives.
Here’s how the nomination works:
* Use the logo above in the post.
* Link to whoever nominated you.
* Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
* Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively & creatively inspire others in theblogsphere.”
* Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
Oh boy 10 things about myself…well here we go in no particular order.
- I’m obsessed will all things Dr. Seuss.
- …and Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- My favorite color is Brown.
- I love to play Scrabble. If I could only get people to play!
- There is never too much coffee in my world.
- Music is imperative to my survival and I like a diverse selection. ..from Simon and Garfunkel to Anthrax to Tori Amos
- I love 80’s movies.
- Old musical’s hold a special place in my heart. (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady)
- I am a klutz. I am probably one of the most ungraceful people. I literally trip over my own feet. 🙂
- I think Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies ever…and quote it. Often.
For many different reasons I am pleased to honor the following with this award as well. I hope you will check out my nominees:
Your flesh on my tongue, I do love to taste
not one drop of your blood dare I to waste.
My life, by your mere presence enlightened
my thoughts, my senses at once are heightened.
In you I find comfort, and all that is right
you are there in the day and also at night.
You are my salvation; you ease all my pain
in you I trust, in you my faith remains.
You are there for me in my darkest of hour
it is from you that I draw all of my power.
Some may doubt you, may miss you allure
but when my cup runs empty again I shall pour.
When I found you it was as if I had wakened from a dream
your dark, rich flavor mixed with a hint of cream.
* A little ode to Anne Bradstreet/ “The Author to Her Book”